Since first being patented in 1846, the two-part hard capsule has had a stellar career. Among the most common dosage administration forms, it now ranks second after the tablet and demand is growing steadily. For filling of capsules with medication, especially with inhalants, Harro Höfliger has continuously expanded its machine program for more than 30 years. Today, the Modu‑C, with three out-put levels, low-speed, mid-speed and high-speed, enables capsule production with a multitude of fill materials and combinations. In addition to technologies for research and development, Harro Höfliger also offers customized solutions, special applications, and all components for complete turnkey systems in the high-tech market.
„The FEC40 is a good example for the positive impulses that Excellence United can contribute towards product development in the future.“ Olaf J. Müller, CEO LMT Group Division President Fette Compacting
Fette Compacting FEC40
- Output: High-performance sector,
- Main markets: Pharmaceutical market, dietary supplement sector
- Fill material: Powder, pellets
- Dosing method: Tamping pin, pellet station
- Cleaning / Changeover: Dosing stations are completely interchangeable; tamping pin station is removed by means of disassembly support without drives
- Operator protection: none
Harro Höfliger Modu‑C Family
- Output: „From Lab to Production“ 8,000 up to 200,000 capsules/h Special applications Customized solutions
- Main markets: Pharmaceutical market including inhalation
- Fill material: Powder, pellets, tablets, micro tablets, liquids and combinations thereof
- Dosing method: Tamping pin, pellet station, drum filler, dosator, liquid station
- Cleaning / Changeover: Flexible change trolley with up to 4 filling units
- Operator protection: Containment, dry cleaning
Last year, the product portfolio of the Excellence United partners was expanded once more. With their new capsule filling machine for large volumes, Fette Compacting, the market leader for tablet presses, now covers the high-capacity pharmaceutical market and the booming dietary supplement sector. The FEC40 fills up to 400,000 capsules per hour with powder or pellets. During their collaboration in the development stage, Harro Höfliger and Fette Compacting agreed that, beginning with the FEC40, Fette Compacting would position themselves in the market for standard applications whereas Harro Höfliger would continue to offer solutions for special applications involving extraordinary engineering skills.
„Our customers benefit from our collaboration: The FEC40 is proof of the synergies in all areas and the performance capability of our alliance.“Thomas Weller, CEO Harro Höfliger
The partnership constitutes a solid basis. When developing the core technologies such as powder and pellet dosing, Fette Compacting was able to benefit from Harro Höfliger’s transfer of knowledge. Furthermore, the close cooperation among the Excellence United partners ensures the compatibility of individual components. For example, Harro Höfliger’s weighing machine Accura‑C can be seamlessly integrated into the production line to complement an efficient highspeed capsule production.
About Fette Compacting
Fette Compacting is the world’s leading provider of integrated solutions for industrial tablet production.
Since 2016, the product portfolio offered by the technological and global market leader has been supplemented to include highly-efficient capsule filling machines. The company specializes in high-performance machines for the pharmaceutical industry. Its range of products and services comprises tablet presses and capsule filling machines, tools and processing equipment, as well as maintenance, training and consultation services.
Photos: LMT GmbH & Co. KG, Helmar Lünig, Tom Philippi